Do tuneups even exist anymore? Not really. Today car manufacturers spell out your cars needs with different recommendations either minor, medium or major services.
Here is what a typical scheduled Major service includes;
- Replace the fuel filter to protect your fuel injectors from debris.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough running..
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Some cars require a valve adjustment at this service, includes replacing gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune up. We check all your belts and will recommend replacing them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Change transmission fluid
- Change radiator coolant
- Flush and change brake fluid
- Change oil and filter
- Replace air filter.
- Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Test and service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
See our Maintenance Schedule for a full itemized list for your car.
Call and set up an appointment for your next service.